In honor of National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day, I thought I would share my all time favorite recipe for peanut butter cookies. Not only are they delicious but they can be made in less than 10 minutes with only 3 ingredients!
Click the picture to watch my Instagram video:
You will need:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the peanut butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl.
Using wet hands (to prevent sticking) roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with a little bit of cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Then use a wet fork to make a criss-cross pattern on each cookie. This flattens them out (and makes them look cute!)
Bake for about 5-8 minutes depending on your oven.
You’ll know when they’re done because they will have a light golden-brown color on the around the bottom.
Once they are out of the oven, let the cookies rest on the tray for a few minutes before trying to remove so they can “set.”
Serve warm with a glass of cold milk and enjoy!
- While I love natural peanut butter for every day use, I’ve found that good old Jif works the best for this recipe. It makes for a softer, chewier cookie
- These cookies only stay soft when they’re warm. If you have left overs, store in a plastic bag and reheat for 8-10 seconds in the microwave before eating! It makes them taste freshly baked again!
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract for additional flavor
- Add chocolate chips, M&Ms, or a thin slice of banana to the top of each cookie before baking for a fun twist
- Roll each ball in a bowl of cinnamon and sugar before pressing with a fork for a snickerdoodle-meets-peanutbutter-cookie affect
I’ve made these cookies too many times to count. They’re really quick and easy so I like to make them on a lazy Sunday afternoon and especially on those random occasions where I have an unexpected guest coming over and I have nothing in the house! By the time they arrive, the cookies are in the oven and the house smells amazing.
If you try this recipe, take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Twitter so I can see!